Social Media is a MUST right now, what everybody uses and everybody talks about. But most of this people don't know exactly what it is and why it is so powerful. The following post shows some of the most important benefits social media can bring to a business because of its great influence and million users.
PR professionals should especially take them into account as it is a very important tool they can use to deliver messages about their company to a huge amount of people and through that gain trust and even more customers or people to support the organisations they are working for.
This video is my first attempt of a kind of a more professional video after we were asked to do so at our Social Media workshop at University. In this video there is a short insight on what social media is about. After shortly exploring social media, the reasons why it can be useful for any business are showed.
Thursday, 13 January 2011
Wednesday, 12 January 2011
The following tips can help PR professionals improve their blog to have more followers and create a buzz.
- KEEP MISTERY: The aim of any blogger is to get as much audience as possible but it is important to keep that audience reading your blog and making comments continually. To do that a PR professional should leave some stories or posts unfinished so that the readers have to come back to know the "end of the story".
- KEEP BLOGGING: You should have your audience entertained. If you don't post for a week they will stop comming to read your blog.
- BE FAMOUS: Try to get as many backling as possible. Spread your word so that other bloggers link to your blog.
- USE PLUGGINGS AND WIDGETS: They will connect you to other social media pages and people.
- NEVER FORGET SEO: Having a top position in serps is basic. Thus, you should keep doing all the above things and keep your keywords to the top (headline/opening paragraph), create tags with the keywords, never forget a social or RSS feeds button, post links to other related media and always monitor your possitioning.
For more information about blogging, dos and donts and other tips for successful blogging, take a look at this presentation: